We are performing a study to see what happens to your metabolism when you eat dinner at different times based on your own internal clock. The study requires a initial visit to our research lab to see when your body transitions from day to night by measuring your saliva melatonin levels. After this visit, we ask you to attend 3 more visits to our lab, each lasting 2 nights. During these metabolic visits, we will set specific mealtimes and bedtimes based on your melatonin results. Meals will be provided. A sleep study and blood work will also be involved. You will be paid $875 for completing the study.
To participate, you must:
– Be 18-30 years old
– Have a regular bedtime before 1:00 AM
– NOT have any sleep disorder (such as insomnia, sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome)
– NOT be obese (BMI over 30) or have diabetes
– NOT take medications that can affect your sleep
– NOT smoke
– NOT be pregnant or breastfeeding
To find out if you are eligible, please fill out the following survey:
Contact us at 410-550-4588 and ask about the “Dinner Time Study” with any other questions.